Saturday, 20 July 2013

Such A Perfect Day

What a great day we've had. Spending time with friends in the sun, the children behaving themselves for once and a couple of prizes to boot. A moment to savour and cherish.

First off we spent most of the afternoon with various friends and their children at a small barbeque, the kids played in the paddling pool and actually behaved themselves for once. Then a quick dash to the local flower show to see if we'd won anything. I'd entered a knitting class with the all-in-one suit you can see in my pictures here and the boys toddler group had entered the Frieze by a Pre-School Group class. I got a 'Highly Commended' and the group won first prize and a cup, which JB1 collected and clutched all the way home! I will definitely be going back for more next year! Coupled with the lovely sunshine for most of the day and a nice cool breeze as I type, I almost couldn't be happier (a clean and tidy house would put the icing on the cake, but you can't have it all eh?)


I'll leave you with the BBCs' Perfect Day/Children In Need single from 1997.




2 comments:

pastcaring said...

Yes, that does sound pretty perfect. Well done on the cup and the highly commended!
PS. Waiting for your final sale post before I pay you for the dress, if that's OK. xxxx

Vix said...

Well done on winning the cup!
Sounds like a perfect day! xxx