Thursday, 7 February 2013

We Will Rock You

To be honest, I'm not wild about this dress. It's a Dollyrockers, my size and cost less than a tenner, but there's just something a bit 'meh' about it. By Vix's rule it should be destined for a new home.


Dollyrockers by Sambo dress (eBay), orange belt (Salvation Army shop), boots (eBay), green top (jumble sale).


Anyway, I've been meaning to show you the rocket toy I knitted for JB1 for Christmas. Unfortunately, it failed the 'toddler test' shortly after the big day and has been waiting for repairs ever since.

Rocket re-knitted and hopefully toddler proofed this time!


6 comments:

Vix said...

I've got that dress! I love the odd waffly texture, it's really warm. http://vintagevixon.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/mid-week-moan-should-i-care-if-i-look.htmlLove how you've brightened it with a dash of lime, too but if you ain't feeling fabulous then go it must!
That rocket is amazing! xxx

Vintage Coconut said...

That dress is so cute. I think it looks good on you.
Lovin that handmade rocket.

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Love that rocket!! I think the dress is fab, love how you brightened it up. If you don't feel comfortable then sell it on again and buy another dress with the money! Xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

The frock is gawwwwwwwwjusssssssss!!!! I love it! I think I know why it doesn't feel "right" - looking at the shoulders, I'd say it's actually too big for your dear wee frame, well, I'm sure the next person will love it just as much coz it's adorable:). Oh my, the rocket - I love!! xoxoxoxo

Ivy Black said...

I love that frock, but another of Vix'x rules is if it doesn't sing to you, get rid/don't buy!!
That rocket is brilliant.
Have a good weekend.
xx

pastcaring said...

As others have already said, I like the dress, that tribal print is wonderful. BUT if it isn't right for you, then Clare is right - it should sell well on Ebay and you can buy something that really DOES make you happy with the money!
Cutest knitted rocket ever! Though I have to confess it is the only knitted rocket I have ever seen... Still the cutest though! xxxxxx