Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Old Mother Hubbard

A quick one from me today, linking up with Ta-dah Tuesday (never mind it being Wednesday).

Using Lulastic's fab homemade chalkboard paint tutorial, I painted up some storage jars and reorganised my baking cupboard. I'm really bad for missing dates on dry goods, so the idea is to write the name and date on the jar, then I'll know what I have and how long it has left. I hope this isn't the start of nesting behaviour - if anyone spots me with a mop in hand, please shake me!

 Before

 After (okay, I ran out of jars, I admit it)

Of course, this may now confuse the men of the house as they're used to the shop packets!

7 comments:

foureyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I've tried this too! Although my storage is not as pretty - I have a few nice jars and then random old coffee jars etc. Yours look really nice, I just used boring black left over from the placemats.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Sorry, was logged in as my husband first time.

Misfits Vintage said...

OOH I LOVE IT - IT LOOKS SO PRETTY! Oops sorry for caps lock. But it's pretty gorgeous! Sarah xxx

delia hornbook said...

Great idea it looks brilliant ;-) dee x

Vix said...

That looks really good, very pretty indeed! xxx

pastcaring said...

Great idea, and what a neat cupboard! Mine wouldn't stand up to public scrutiny! xxx